Business Process Management & Reengineering Training Course - Online Training
This course has been designed to make you a confident process mapper & process analyst. You will be able to apply this new skill to describe and communicate processes and use mapping as a technique for process improvement.
If you are involved in writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or protocols, managing their implementation, planning or conducting process audits, generating or utilizing process performance metrics, solving problems and continual process improvement, this is the course for you.
The course is designed for all those with responsibility for managing, documenting, implementing or auditing, projects, processes and SOPs. It assumes no prior experience or skills in process reengineering.Who Should Attend?
- Quality Professionals
- Process Owners
- Process Analyst
- Hands-on experience in exploring and mapping processes.
- Eliminate process wastes & non Value added steps.
- Setting processes Service Level Agreements
- Resolve Conflicts within departments
- Control Processes performance
- Recognize and Mitigate risks within critical processes
- Improve work flow
- An understanding of how process maps can be used to define, communicate and manage complex processes.
- Ideas to use process maps in SOPs, or even replace them.
- An insight into how process mapping can help with continual quality improvement.
- Ideas to enable the definition and measurement of meaningful performance metrics.
- Introduction and Course Objectives: Why Companies Manage by Process
- Exercise 1 – First Steps
- Mechanisms for process mapping, levels at which it can be applied, and the roles and responsibilities of process owners are explored.
- Mapping Key Processes
- The stages involved in mapping processes including how to construct a SIPOC chart and use it to identify areas of risk at process interfaces.
- Exercise 2 - Mapping a Key Process
- A first opportunity to practice your process mapping skills.
- A Framework for Process Based Management
- How processes relate to business systems. Setting up robust systems.
- Using Process Maps in Audits
- Process mapping in audit preparation and in the recording of audit evidence is explored.
- Exercise 3 – Auditor’s Processes
- Developing a process map as an audit checklist and audit record.
- Assessing Processes
- How good are the processes themselves?
- Optional demonstration of process mapping on a PC
- Setting Useful Metrics
- Selecting and using metrics. Value stream mapping.
- Exercise 4 - Setting and Monitoring Performance Metrics
- Assigning meaningful metrics to the process maps you have developed in previous exercises.
- Statistical Process Control
- Monitoring process performance using metrics. Links to Six Sigma
- Process Maps and Continual Improvement
- How to use process maps to identify problems and improvement opportunities
- Exercise 5 - Problem Solving Using Process Maps & Problem Solving Tools.
- Applying your process mapping skills in a problem-solving scenario.
- Layering Process Maps
- An explanation of how process maps can be used to flow down business objectives and metrics in the organization.
- Pareto, Histogram, Data Collection, Fish bone, Scatter Diagram
Course Duration: 35 hours